Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dialogue of a Dream

The Pine, Hawk and Glossy Ganoderma by Lang Shining

















In my dream I met a sage
we sat under a white pine
I asked " why are you here"

and he replied 
 " I am here because you are here"

I replied,  "can you hear the whispers"

and he replied
" I hear the whispers of  a heart"

summer leaves a trail of days gone past
but, I see new visions awakening
a red tailed hawk circles above

I asked " What do you see in your
orbs of light"

and he replied
"I see a time of change, are you the bird or the tree

I asked " can I be both the bird and the tree"

and he replied
"would you be the roots or the leaves of the tree"

and I replied " without roots there would be no tree"

and he replied
"would you be the water or sunlight"

and I replied "both are needed for growth"

and he replied
 "what type of tree would you be"

and I softly cried " a weeping willow"

and he replied
 "why the willow"

and I replied "deep within the heart of the willow
 a harp plays a magical song"

and he replied 
"then let her sound resonate in the world"


Posted for dVerse - writing dialogue poetry hosted by Victoria
Author's note: This is a fragment from a dream - wip I guess
pic -Wikimedia commons

19 comments:

  1. A willow tree, gorgeous poem !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Truedessa--very Zen-like. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the sage is very wise, I think. I like the weeping willow too...and like the idea of a harp playing within!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem. the Japanese have several stories about the weeping willow, all of them sad and about lost love or the spirit of a tree that becomes a woman but who leaves her lover. the thought of a harp in the tree is a wonderful lyrical thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding piece of work, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let the weeping willow have its say that it weeps no more!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. To me this has the quality of a myth and dreams.. the weeping willow such a significant metaphor.. brings up those times when songs were weaved of willow-twigs.. Wonderful, this is one of you best poems I think. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And why a willow? Not for the metaphor of it - but for the song that lies deep within. It is interesting the choices that the sage makes you make. Defining yourself. And I dont think it was for his sake, but your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was beautiful, like a wise old tale passed on for generations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely story, mythical with conversations of a dream ~ But dreams are about ourselves you know ~ If you see yourself as both as a tree and bird, a weeping willow who plays a magical song, then you are ~ I agree with Victoria, so zen-like ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous... I like the image of the weeping willow.. and its significance at the end. Beautifully executed :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Need roots to grow strong indeed and within a weeping willow much can flow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.. so true.. a tree that hoards
    leaves cannot spread
    fertilizer for blades
    of lawns of
    meadows
    of flowers
    of bees of
    pollinating
    Life to Love
    to LivE for NOW..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful choices as conversation progresses...would be hard to choose between a bird and a tree but weeping willow seems fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This flowed like a gentle river while posing some profound questions and ending in a beautiful denouement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! My new favorite of your poems. I LOVE this dialogue so much, love the questions.....especially love that the weeping willow has a harp playing in its center. One of your very best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a weeping willow that never weeps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much wisdom is weaved into the dialogue. It plays out like a fable. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This really touched me. I like feeling one with nature and to choose...oh, what a gift.

    ReplyDelete