Saturday, July 16, 2016

Lady of the Tree

Truedessa's collection

























A twilight walk to ease my soul
to find some sort of peace of mind
my thoughts like scattered seeds
blow in a summer breeze

two red winged blackbirds play
a game of hide and seek

over the horizon bursts of blazing
sun bids me goodnight,  just as
the silvery crescent moon rises
to guide me in my quest

circling the lake of reflection
each step bringing me closer
to my destination

around the deep end a coolness
touches my flesh, reminding me
of the dark time I have felt in life
the black crow pays a call
  caw
    caw

in flickering light shadowy figures
follow me, snuff not the dreams
yet full-filled

there seems to be a sudden stillness
as I approach a lovely willow
gazing upon nature's beauty
stirring my inner spirit, I see
her hidden in the the trunk
"The Lady of the Tree"

In silence, I look around
what have I found in this place
her long hair carved in the bark
a wreath of flowers settles on
her crown, her head tilted
downward toward the earth

I stand under her flowing branches
in a wispy breeze, as tears gently
fall watering her roots..

Hello " I whisper", I feel her
aura, cry not for what is lost
sometimes our dreams come
with a cost, cast your wishes
into my well and I will provide
you with a bucket to fill your
thirst.

Truedessa's Collection














learn from the past, search the
present for the desires of your
heart

in humbleness I stood as
a blue-jay came to rest
have I entered some mystical
realm with the "Lady of the Tree"

I will be like the willow allowing
myself the flexibility to bend with
the winds of change.

yes, a new song plays on wooden
flutes as life is just a heartbeat
away

Author's note:  Sharing with Poets United
I took this walk a couple of days ago
and I wanted to bring honor to the
"Lady of the Tree"
Sherry, thanks for the chat, this is what
was birthed...


45 comments:

  1. Willow is wiser than most humans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. may everyone be granted the eye to envision "Lady of the Tree"...the journey into nature always replenishes the soul...the poem is magical Truedessa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree nature replenishes the soul and that is why I often take walks. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Flexibility to bend with the winds of change.....what a wonderful lesson for us to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need to be more flexible as the world is changing everyday.

      Delete
  4. How marvellous to see nature in personification - something to be honoured and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry - I wanted to honor the vision.

      Delete
  5. I love your Lady of the Tree and her message. Trees are very wise indeed. Yesterday I watched a movie called Miracles From Heaven - a true story of how a little girl who had a life-threatening disease fell down the center of a hollow tree. The fall might have killed her but when she was rescued, somehow falling into the tree cured her of her illness and she was fine thereafter. Rather amazing. But I dont doubt trees can heal. Visit your lady often, how wonderful to have such a tree-being nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a miracle about the little girl. See miracles still do happen everyday! The healing tree for sure.

      Delete
  6. over the horizon bursts of blazing
    sun bids me goodnight, just as
    the silvery crescent moon rises
    to guide me in my quest

    Beautiful lines..!!

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanaa - there is a something magical about watching the sunset and seeing the moon rise.

      Delete
  7. Oh I love this Truedessa, how you painted sceneries until the last reveal. Rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomomai - Yes rebirth it is part of the journey. I love your photos. You are on an amazing journey yourself.

      Delete
  8. The strength of willow is to be bend.. Reminds me of the way of Geishas... I think we need more of bending than of breaking in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Bjorn, too much is breaking so much damage.

      Delete
  9. The Willow absorbs your tears. To be sure watered in your desire for peace. Hope is stored there

    A good Sunday to you

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillena - Yes, they fell into the rich earth to strengthen the roots of life.

      Delete
  10. I did think of Sherry as I read - although your styles are uniquely brilliant I had the sense of a direct dialogue with the world you were in..a magical walking meditation - thank you taking us with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I often have dialogue with the world as I see it. It speaks to me through it's beauty.

      Delete
  11. Just gorgeous...standing in her presence!

    'I will be like the willow allowing
    myself the flexibility to bend with
    the winds of change.'

    What we can learn from trees...strength, flexibility, respect, connection...now if we could impart this wisdom to so many more humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree some humans need to discover wisdom.

      Delete
  12. What an enchanting walk! So glad you could share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, sharing a bit of the world through my eyes.

      Delete
  13. Willows can teach us so much about growth, about malleability, about rest, about the power of watching and sharing...

    Thanks so much for sharing your Lady. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I wanted to bring honor to the journey and the message that I felt.

      Delete
  14. I think the Lady in the Tree wants to be your best friend. She seems to know your heart and your yearnings. What a lovely walk you had. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myrna - I have always thought if I were a tree I would be a weeping willow.

      Delete
  15. A lovely poem. The kind of writing one can get lost and mesmerized in. So wonderfully restorative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I am glad it brought some calmness your way!

      Delete
  16. There is nothing quite like relaxing in the woods or forest. It certainly allows you to unwind and realize what life is all about. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy a good walk to clear my head, it brings a sense of calmness.

      Delete
  17. I love this piece, it's filled with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayala and yours is filled with hope for peace.

      Delete
  18. A truly amazing write.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very inspiring to read and makes me believe in the magical beauty and goodness of nature. Bend to the winds of change, I like this Truedessa. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I am ok thanks for asking.

      Delete
  20. To be like a willow! Thirsty and weeping and waiting. I like the long slow walk here, the birds and different kinds of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      Yes, It was a long slow walk of discovery.

      Delete
  21. My favorite time of day...interesting walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is peaceful during those transitional hours.

      Delete
  22. Hmph, missed this one. Dumb blog roll acting a fool again. So much behind a willow, earth's mighty pillolw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - I was wondering where you were...

      Delete